Chapter XII -- The Children of Edwin Boultbee
and Mary Allen and Their Descendants
ADDITIONAL CHAPTER XIII
THE CHILDREN OF FREDERICK
CROXALL BOULTBEE AND
HIS WIFE HENRIETTA ELEANOR MOLSON AND THEIR DESCENDANTS
The detailed information following has come from various sources.
Their children were:-
- Beatrice Eleanor was born in 1881 and died in 1884.
Edward Frederick was born in 1883. He went out to South Africa and was in the British South African Police 1902-1904. In 1905 he went out to Canada and joined the Police Royal North West Mounted Police, the earlier name for the present Royal Canadian Mounted Police, from which he was bought out in 1908 by his father. In August, 1914, he returned with the 1st Canadian Expeditionary Force, and in the following December was commissioned in the Royal Northamptonshire Regiment. In July, 1916, he was severely wounded at the Battle of the Somme while serving in the Machine Gun Corps. The following year he transferred to the Royal Flying Corps. In 1920 he was a Flight Lieutenant in the Royal Canadian Air Force.
In 1915 he married Gertrude Elizabeth Glynn Bolitho who died in 1916 aged 21. He married secondly Lucy Casswell (née Malbonne) who died in 1954. There were no children by either marriage.
- Henrietta Emily was born in 1885, and married in 1928 Ernest Robert Peachey, who was a tea-planter in South India.
- Randall Croxall was born in 1887. He went out to Canada in 1906 to take up a position in Molson's Bank. He died in 1908 from a fatal heart attack at a Montreal ice-skating rink where he had gone with a party of friends.
- Joseph Maxwell was born in 1889. He went to Canada to farm. He also returned in 1914 with the 1st Canadian Expeditionary Force and was killed in the second Battle of Ypres in 1915.
- Sydney Alma was born in 1891 and died in 1899.
- Beauchamp St. John was born in 1895. He entered Clare College, Cambridge, and from Officers' Training Corps there he was commissioned 2nd Lieutenant in the East Yorkshire Regiment in 1914, and went to France. He was seconded to the Royal Flying Corps in 1915. He won the Military Cross in 1917 and was three times Mentioned in Despatches. He eventually had a permanent commission in the Royal Northamptonshire Regiment but was invalided out in 1922. He then became a tea-planter in India. He died in 1956. In 1929 he married Eve Mary Boland. There were no children.
- Arthur Elsdale was born in 1897. In 1915 he was a 2nd Lieutenant in the Royal Northamptonshire Regiment in France, and was seconded to the Royal Flying Corps in 1916, 25th Squadron. He was killed in France on March 17, 1917, shot down by the famous German air ace, Von Richthofen, the Red Baron.
- Henry Leonard was born in 1901.
For further details on his life, click here.
He married firstly Beryl Weiner in 1930 they had one son :-
- Nicholas Leonard Molson he married Geraldine Cooke in May 1961.
For further details of Nicholas and Geraldine click
Nicholas and Geraldine live in Town of Mount Royal, a suburb of Montreal.
Their children are:-
- Nicholas Edward Josephborn in 1965, and known as Nick Jr. After schooling in Montreal, he initiallyjoined the Royal Marines. He subsequentlytravelled and worked in Israel on a kibbutz beforereturning to Montreal where he enrolled at ConcordiaUniversity studying Psychology. He recently obtained his Civil Pilots Licenceand is currently at MountRoyal College in Calgary, Alberta, working towards a Commercial Pilot'sLicence.
Andrew born and died in
Olivia Elizabeth born in 1968. She graduated from Carleton University, Ottawa, in 1991 with a B.A. in Sociology and Law. After doing volunteer work in Mali, Africa, she went to the Czech Republic to teach English. She was recently in Israel teaching English and plans to return there. On October 25, 1994, at Cornwall, Ontario, she married Gil Hadar. Her married surname is Boultbee-Hadar.
Henry Leonard married secondly in 1947 Barbara Bousfield they had two children:-
Henrietta Elizabeth born in 1948. She married in 1971 Malcolm Walton, and they have five children.
Beauchamp John Elsdale Croxall born in 1950. He was educated at Stowe and Willesden College of Arts and Technology, taking a degree in Interior Design. He has his own private Design Consultancy based in Cambridge, England. He married in 1989 Brigid Hooper. They have two daughters:-
Harriet Brigid born in 1991.
Sophie Henrietta born in 1993.
William Dinham Moore was born in 1903. He became a tea-planter in Ceylon, and served in the Army in Burma during the 1939-45 War. He married in 1931 Marjorie Isobel Lilian Shipton, sister of Eric Shipton, the mountaineer. They had one daughter:-
Rowena Eleanor born in 1934. She married Barry Neville Simpson. They live in Zimbabwe and have two children.
Chapter XIV -- Henry Townshend Boultbee and His Children and Descendants